Three People Are In Critical Condition After A Fuel Tanker Explodes On I-95 In Delray. The highway Is Shut Down

On Tuesday afternoon, Naomi Matatov and her family were traveling northbound on Interstate 95 close to Delray Beach when they noticed smoke in the distance and realised something wasn’t right.

Although the cars in the line started to slow down, they were unable to identify the source of the smoke. She remarked, describing the heat as extreme, “We could feel the heat flowing through our automobile.”

When most drivers realised the collision was in the HOV lane at the median, the woman’s husband, who was driving her and their three children, switched them to the right lane.

You can also check 

She described it as a gigantic, pitch-black cloud. The flames could be seen as we approached them, which was probably less than a quarter of a mile away, and they kept moving forward.

When they arrived at the scene of the accident, its horror was revealed to them.

Three persons were transported to the hospital in critical condition after a fuel tanker vehicle caught fire and exploded. Two other people were taken to the hospital with unidentified wounds.

According to authorities, the accident happened close to the Atlantic Avenue exit, and the interstate was immediately closed in both directions, leading to significant delays for the remainder of the afternoon.

A number of burning vehicles covered a large portion of southern Palm Beach County in black smoke.

The incident significantly upset the youngsters, according to Matatov, 37. “My 10-year-old oldest child was sobbing. To put it mildly, it was a fairly terrifying scene.”

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, an accident occurred while three vehicles were driving northbound on I-95 when one of the automobiles drove into the fuel tanker’s lane. The fuel tanker truck flipped over and started burning.

According to a tweet from Delray Beach Fire Rescue, Florida Highway Patrol and fire rescue units from Delray Beach, Boca Raton, and Palm Beach County fought to put out the fire. Around 1:20 pm, the incident happened. Just before 4:30 p.m., all southbound lanes were once again available, but northbound lanes remained shut.

Mike Kausch, a general contractor in the region, had to wait nearly two hours in traffic to travel the two miles to his neighborhood Harbor Freight Tools and back.

He said, “It was quite horrible.” There were numerous semis on the back roads, which is unusual for this area.

You can also check 

To make room for two Delray Beach Fire Rescue trucks to pass, Kausch, 64, was forced to pull his four-wheel-drive pickup off the side of the road and into a ditch. He claimed that due to the westbound land being so backed up, cars had nowhere to go and the fire rescue personnel were in the eastbound lane travelling west toward Military Trail.

Kausch added, “I just wish they had done a better job of rerouting traffic. “Nobody was in charge of directing traffic at any of the signals or doing anything similar. Yet again, it’s difficult to foresee when something like that occurs.”

Final Lines:

Hope you find our post valuable for you… Many thanks for taking the time to read this! If you appreciate it, please leave a comment and share it with your friends. There are other articles available on

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *