Josh Allen, a quarterback with the Buffalo Bills, signed a $21 million, four-year rookie deal with the team. Allen became one of the highest-paid players in the NFL after agreeing to a $258 million, six-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills.
He is under contract to the Bills through the 2024 season, with an option to extend it through the 2026 campaign. He received a $16.5 million signing bonus with a $150 million guarantee by the end of his contract. Allens earns $43 million on average annually, including a $500,000 fitness incentive.
While the dead cap value is $93.16 million, the cap hit is at $16.37 million. Josh Allen currently has a net worth of about $14 million, but by the time his current deal expires, that value will have increased dramatically. Read below all details about Josh Allen’s Contract…
Josh Allen Contract Breakdown
The details of Josh Allen’s present six-year contract with the Buffalo Bills are as follows:
|Contract||Signing Bonus||Average Salary||GTD at Sign||Total GTD|
|6 yr(s) / $258,034,000||$16,500,000||$43,005,667||$100,038,596||$150,000,000|
|Year||Base Salary||Signing Bonus||Roster Bonus||Cap Hit||Dead Cap||Yearly Cash|
POTENTIAL OUT: 2026, 5 YR, $164,500,001; $8,472,281 DEἀD CAP
How Much of Josh Allen’s Contract is Guaranteed?
A clause known as a “guaranteed sum” in an NFL contract assures a player of receiving a specific amount even if they are hurt or unable to play due to a decline in talent. The guaranteed money serves as insurance if a team tries to withhold payment to a player because of salary cap restrictions.
By the terms of his deal with the Bills, Allen is guaranteed a total of $150,000,000 and has the option to end the agreement if the guarantees are not met.
You may read more about them in our past postings, where we provided additional details about relevant news:
- Did Blackpink Renew Their Contract: Comeback In 2022?
- What Brookfield’s New Contract With Intel Mans For Investors
What Are The Terms of Josh Allen’s Contract?
- $100M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2021 salary + 2021 roster bonus + 2022 salary + 2022 option bonus + 2023 salary + 2024 roster bonus)
- $10M of 2024 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2022
- An additional $13.5M of 2024 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2023
- $10.5M of 2025 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2024
- 2022 Option Bonus: $42.4M (must be exercised 3/16 – 3/20)
- 2024 Roster Bonus: $6M (fully guarantees 8/11/2021)
- 2025 Roster Bonus: $25M ($16.5M fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2023, paid 5th league day of 2025)
- 2026 Roster Bonus: $15M (5th league day of 2026)
- 2027 Roster Bonus: $25M (5th league day of 2027)
- 2028 Roster Bonus: $25M (5th league day of 2028)
- 2022-2025 Workout Bonus: $500,000
- 2026-2028 Workout Bonus: $1M
- $30M of additional incentives based on production/winning
Allen inked a contract with the Bills that calls for him to play for them for the next six seasons. The contract had a guaranteed $100 million when he signed it. With 2022 serving as Allen’s fifth year under his rookie deal, the Bills have exercised a fifth-year option. His further six years will start in 2023.
He is entitled to roster incentives, which he will receive if he is on the roster each year on the days specified in the contract. From 2025, his roster bonus will significantly climb, rising to $25 million or $15 million in each of his final four years.
See the tweet for more details about the Contract:
Josh Allen $85M
Lamar Jackson $33M
They are in same draft class. 😳
Last two years since eligible for new deal:
Josh Allen $67M
Lamar Jackson $25M
He’s never making up that difference.
It’s just sad. It really is.
— Ross Tucker (@RossTuckerNFL) March 28, 2023
If he performs well or aids the Bills in winning championships, he may also be eligible for extra incentives worth $30 million. Additionally, from 2022 to 2025, he will receive a $500,000 fitness bonus, and from 2026 to 2028, a $1,000,000 workout bonus.
Visit Newsconduct.com for the most recent updates. Add our page to your favorites so you won’t miss any of the most recent news.