Hoaxes Are Revealed As The Cause Of The Reported School Shootings In Oakland And San Jose.

Authorities in the Bay Area said Wednesday that rumours of multiple school shootings were false.

At least five schools in the Bay Area had police response on Wednesday morning due to phoned-in reports of violence. Not a single campus had any problems.

McClymonds High School in Oakland, Lincoln High School in San Jose, Irvington High School in Fremont, and San Mateo County’s Woodside and South San Francisco High Schools were all named as locations where hoaxes were reported.

You can also check 

Swatting is the name given to these hoaxes in which the caller tries to convince police to dispatch a SWAT team to a nonexistent crime scene.

Minutes after 11:20 a.m. on Wednesday, roughly two dozen Oakland police officers descended upon the McClymonds High campus in the 2600 block of Myrtle Street. In a matter of minutes, they realised everything was fine.

Before a full-scale lockdown could take place, police evacuated the building. After receiving a call from someone saying they were hiding in a closet and that 10 students were shot in a nearby room, police rushed to the school.

When police arrived, they didn’t find any signs of gunfire or any victims. This past Wednesday, Oakland’s Deputy Police Chief James Beere stated that “these calls (were) not organic to Oakland.”

Deputy sheriffs in San Mateo County were called to Woodside High School on Churchill Avenue at 10:02 a.m. on reports of a possible active shooter, where they conducted a search of the campus. According to a statement released by the sheriff’s office, Lt. Jacob Trickett said that his officers had discovered nothing out of the ordinary.

During the initial phase of the search, the deputies had locked down the school. As soon as sheriff’s officials realised it was a hoax, they lifted the lockdown.

In the 500 block of Dana Avenue at Lincoln High, around 10:55 a.m., police in San Jose received a report of multiple shooting victims. After responding to the call, police started clearing the school but later realised it was a false alarm.

You can also check 

According to a statement released by South San Francisco School District spokesman Peter Feng, a lockdown was also implemented in response to the hoax. After authorities lifted the lockdown, classes resumed as usual.

The Irvington High School police were called at approximately 11:15 a.m., according to the Fremont Unified School District.

Authorities in every jurisdiction where calls were received promised to look into the source of the problem. On Wednesday, the San Francisco FBI office said it was aware of the incidents but that they were not being looked into at this time.

According to ABC News’s reporting, police in Florida responded to multiple “swatting” calls at schools across the state on Tuesday.

Final Lines:

Hope you find our post valuable for you… Many thanks for taking the time to read this! If you appreciate it, please leave a comment and share it with your friends. There are other articles available on newsconduct.com.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *