You enter your username in Tik Tok when you create your account for the first time, as the platform asks you to enter two names, one of which is the username and the second is the name of your personal page that appears to other users. Your username is different from your profile name or the name that appears on your profile. Where the username begins with the @ sign, while the name of the personal page appears as the title of your personal page on the platform, other users can access your profile by searching by username or page name. The username is unique and cannot be repeated, while the page name can be repeated on different accounts.
Steps to change your Tik Tok username
Tik Tok provides an easy and simple way to change the username and page address for different accounts, and you can do so by following these steps:
- Head to the Tik Tok application on your phone or the platform’s website on the computer, and then click on your profile tab below.
- After that, click on the edit button to go to the page to edit account data and control it.
- You can edit your personal information and link the accounts of other platforms to your Tik Tok account on this page.
- At the beginning of the page, you will find two boxes, one for the name of the page and the second for the user’s name.
- You can click on these two boxes to change the username and the name of the page as well.
But your username must be unique, as we said, so you need to enter a complex and compound name. Tik Tok also uses your username to create your profile link, where your profile link appears as follows: tiktok.com/@username.
No one will access your profile through your old username, so you must share it with all your friends and followers. You can change your username once every 30 days, which means you need to wait 30 days to change it again.